Most Expensive Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2011-2012
What is the most expensive car in the world? The 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe was sold for $8,700,000 in 1987. However, that car and many alike will not be included in this list because it is not available on the market today. It is hard to imagine someone would actually spend 8 million dollars on a car instead of using it for something more productive. However, if you had the money and opportunity, you would probably spend a small fraction of it on a collection of supercars for your private garage.Here are the 10 most expensive production cars on the market; we will not include concept cars.
World's Most Expensive Cars:
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sports $2,400,000. This is by far the most expensive street legal car available on the market today (the base Veyron costs $1,700,000). It is the fastest accelerating car reaching 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. It is also the fastest street legal car when tested again on July 10, 2010 with the 2010 Super Sport Version reaching a top speed of 267 mph. When competing against the Bugatti Veyron, you better be prepared!
2. Pagani Zonda Clinque Roadster $1,850,000. One of the most exotic cars out there is one of the most expensive. It can go from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 217 mph.
We have a tie for 3rd place:
3. Lamborghini Reventon $1,600,000. The most powerful and the most expensive Lamborghini ever built is the third on the list. It takes 3.3 seconds to reach 60 mph and it has a top speed of 211 mph. Its rarity (limited to 20) and slick design are the reasons why it is so expensive and costly to own.
3. Koenigsegg Agera R $1,600,000. The Agera R can burn 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, reaching a maximum speed of 260 mph. It has the parts to reach 270 mph, but the supercar is electronically capped at 235 mph. With the completion of certain paperwork, the company will unlock the speed limit for one occasion.
4. McLaren F1 $970,000. In 1994, the McLaren F1 was the fastest and most expensive car. Even though it was built 15 years ago, it has an unbelievable top speed of 240 mph and reaching 60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Even today, the McLaren F1 is still top on the list and outperforms many other supercars.
5. Ferrari Enzo $670,000. The most popular supercar ever built. The Enzo has a top speed of 217 mph and reaching 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. Only 400 units were produced and it is currently being sold for over $1,000,000 at auctions.
6. Pagani Zonda C12 F $667,321. Produced by a small independent company in Italy, the Pagani Zonda C12 F is the 6th most expensive car in the world. It promises to delivery a top speed of 215 mph+ and it can reach 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
7. SSC Ultimate Aero $654,400. Don't let the price tag fool you, the 7th most expensive car is actually the 3rd fastest street legal car in the world with a top speed of 257 mph+ and reaching 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. This baby cost less than half as much as the Bugatti Veyron, yet has enough power to compete against the most expensive car. It is estimated that only 25 of this exact model will ever be produced.
8. Ascari A10 $650,000. This badboy can reach a tested top speed of 215 mph, zooming 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. The British car company plans to assemple 50 of these supercars in their factory in Banbury, England.
9. Saleen S7 Twin Turbo $555,000. The first true American production certified supercar, this cowboy is also rank 4th for the fastest car in the world. It has a top speed of 248 mph+ and it can reach 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. If you are a true American patriot, you can be proud to show off this car.
10. Koenigsegg CCX $545,568. Swedish made, the Koenigsegg is fighting hard to become the fastest car in the world. Currently, it is the 5th fastest car in the world with a top speed of 245 mph+, the car manufacture Koenigsegg has just released the Koenigsegg Agera R to compete against the Bugatti Veyron. The company is a tough contender and will continue to try and produce the fastest car in the world. Good luck with that!